Saturday 7 October 2017

East African Ministry Tour 2017

JANUARY 2017

Greetings to all my dear brothers and sisters in Christ.

Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ:  Galatians I :3.

This New Year is on its way!!   The biggest question I always ask myself is ‘’Dear Lord how can I serve you best this year?’’

After being in much prayer and seeking the Lord’s direction, Jesus has opened a door for me to return to East Africa. I will once again be visiting our Churches in Kitale and be working with my dear friend Bishop Fred Walfula.  Bishop David Mainde has invited me to be his guest speaker in Southern  Uganda as he is calling all his Churches together for a conference. We will then fulfill a commitment I pledged last year to visit refugee camps on the Southern Sudan border to bring a Word of hope to those poor lost souls who have been driven from their homes by militant Muslim insurgents.  I would ask you, my dear brothers and sisters, to stand with me in being able, by the Grace of God,  to give Bibles to these desperate folk.  It really touched me when this request was made by Bishop David, he did not ask for money, food or clothing but only the Word of God.

Once again I am so blessed to be going into the mission field with my faithful brother,  Johan Theron.  At the drop of a hat, he is prepared to leave his farm in the Karoo and walk with me.  It’s been one of the blessings the Lord has given me to have real brothers and sisters in Christ who are always ready to fulfill the Great Commission and grow God’s Kingdom.

I have noted on Facebook a lot of folks giving encouraging scriptures on which to stand for 2017 and asking what scriptures other folks would like.  I like this as it is good to stand on the Word of God but I would like to take this to another level and that would be calling on the name of our Lord Jesus as He is the beginning and the end.  He is the only one that can fulfill all our needs.  I have trained myself when in trouble to call immediately on the name of names to deliver me from trouble - Psalm 46:1. I ask you to join me in this and wait to see the amazing results of what faith in the name of Jesus can do.

I can’t wait for the 22nd of January to arrive so I can once again put my bush hat and my ‘veldskoene’ (bush shoes) on and get busy in the very heart of Africa.

 I would like to take this opportunity in praying protection, favour and blessings over you and your families as we take a big step into 2017.

The Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all – Amen.

Yours in Christ

Fergus and Jo

1 Corinthians 15:58.

No comments:

Post a Comment