Friday 6 October 2017

Christmas Greetings and Other News

DECEMBER 2016

Greetings in the precious name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ - 2 Cor 1:2

Well as this year draws to a close it’s time to relax and reflect on this rapidly passing year. Jo and I once again were invited to Minister in Scotland, this time in Leven. Robert Todd, a wonderful man of God, got in touch with me through very good friends, Katherine & Millicent Rose. Robert has a meeting once a month in his beautiful Coffee Shop/Restaurant and asked me to be his guest speaker on Friday and Saturday night. What a glorious time we had ministering the Word. Our good friends James & Marie Sutherland came down from Fraserburgh to give us support. We were so Blessed as James opened both meetings with Gospel songs.

It is truly wonderful to see what Robert and his team, Charles and Brian do every Saturday morning, they go into Leven and preach the Gospel and hand out tracts.  Really powerful work.

My son Fraser and daughter-in-law Marta have come to spend Christmas with us from South Africa, a real blessing as Jo and I will for the first time in many years have all the children around.

 Fraser & Marta had a wish to see Scotland, visit family and see where the Buchan clan come from. It was a great trip. We once again experienced the hospitality of the Sutherlands who so kindly hosted us. Fraser and Marta were so blessed to meet cousins and our last living uncle, George Smart, what a special a person he is and what a darling.

Pastor Ben Ritchie invited us to the Church meeting on the Sunday morning and very kindly gave us all time to greet the congregation and then he brought a good Word in Season. I was asked if I would like to take the service in Mintlaw on Sunday afternoon.  Pastor Stewart Watt hosted me, what an honour to minister in the heart of Buchan, my uncle George also came to the service and what a pleasure to see him sitting in the front row encouraging me on. There is a wonderful Spirit among the fellowship and we had a great turn out, people really responded to the altar call and many came forward for healing. I ministered on the power of prayer and the awesome power we have when we call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Jer 33:3.

My dear brothers and sisters as we see the times we live in and to see just how busy the devil is we have to be found working harder for the Kingdom, the youth of today just aren’t interested in the Lord and think they are going to live forever, they have no fear of the Lord and really have no understanding of Heaven and Hell and the day of judgement. I am in continuous prayer as to where the Lord wants me to plant a Fellowship in London so that I may start the burden the Lord has laid on my heart to bring in all those South African and Zimbabwean youngsters that live in London and are unchurched so they can be once again be grounded in the Word and have Christian Fellowship and make a difference in this iconic city.

The Lord has really blessed me this year with ministry. By the Grace of God I have had 84 meetings and ministered in 5 countries.  This could not be done without men that I am so truly blessed that walk and minister with me Eric, Andrew, Tony, Johan, Vincent, Isabel, and Andrea you guys are a tower of strength and what a great bunch of guys to be around with. Those that cant’ get to be with us but make it possible through finance, prayer and equipment always remember there is no way I can get around and minister without your valuable support - Team makes a Dream Work!

I wish you all a Blessed Christmas and a truly Spirit-filled 2017 I can’t wait for next year to get back into the Mission Field and another year closer to the Lord Jesus coming.

Yours in Christ

Fergus and Jo.

Matthew 1:23

No comments:

Post a Comment